A look at the obscure, and the obvious, of film lists.
Curated by Rhett Bartlett for DialM List (www.dialmformovies.net)
BOULDERS IN FILMS
- The boulder in the booby-trapped Peruvian temple, in RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK, that Indiana Jones outruns.
- The boulder that rolls down the hill, narrowly missing Ray Winstone, and landing in the main pool, destroying the heart-motif tiles in SEXY BEAST.
- Donkey criticises a house located in a swamp, only to realise it is the home of SHREK. ‘I like that boulder, that is a nice boulder!’ is his feeble attempt to undo the insults.
- Rex Williams as a Nazi clinging to a boulder being pushed off the cliff by an elephant in TARZAN TRIUMPHS.
- A boulder gets blown up, using some of their own nitro, to clear the road in THE WAGES OF FEAR.
- The rocks and boulders Superman uses to build a damn and protect the town from flooding in SUPERMAN.
- The true story of Aron Ralston, a canyoneer whose right arm and wrist is crushed against a boulder in 127 HOURS.
- Gandalf uses a boulder to squash all the goblins in his path in THE HOBBIT: AN UNEXPECTED JOURNEY.
- The Evil Queen’s attempt to kill the dwarves in SNOW WHITE AND THE SEVEN DWARVES with a boulder, is sabotaged… by a lightning strike.
- The dinosaur meets a fiery end in MINIONS because of a banana, a boulder, and a head bump.
- Sheriff Bart, and the Waco Kid hide behind a boulder in their attempt to lure two KKK members, in BLAZING SADDLES.
- The Elven cloaks camouflages over Frodo and Sam as a rock, in THE LORD OF THE RINGS: THE TWO TOWERS
- In THE NAKED SPUR, Robert Ryan and Janet Leigh push boulders down from top of a ridge to cause a rockslide to hinder James Stewart, Ralph Meeker and Millard Mitchell below.