Men slapping women in film
- R.G Armstrong’s slap to Mariette Hartley (her film debut!) in RIDE THE HIGH COUNTRY.
- Professor Plum’s slap to Mrs Peacock to stop her screaming in CLUE.
- Tim Curry’s slap to Mrs Peacock, as he recreates the events of Professor Plum’s slap to Mrs Peacock, in CLUE
- George Lazenby, as James Bond no less, slapping Dame Diana Rigg in ON HER MAJESTY’S SERCRET SERVICE
- In THE PASSAGE, Malcolm McDowell doesn’t hold back and slaps Kay Lenz right in the face
- James Cagney’s slap, with a grapefruit, to the face of Mae Clarke, at the breakfast table in PUBLIC ENEMY
- In the mere opening moments of THE PHILADELPHIA STORY, Katharine Hepburn breaks Cary Grant’s golf club, and receives a face shove to the floor
- Lee Bryant, having a panic attack on the flight in AIRPLANE, receives a slap from Howard Honig, Leslie Nielsen (twice), and David Leisure (off camera). That doesn’t take into account she is also slapped by a Nun, punched by a Boxer (off camera), and slapped one final time (off camera, by unknown)
- A short sharp slap by Chester Morris to Jean Harlow in RED-HEADED WOMAN
- Kirk Douglas’ short backhand to Jean Sterling followed by a fronthand slap in ACE IN THE HOLE
- Fay Dunaway slapped five times !, in the one scene, by Jack Nicholson in CHINATOWN