Men slapping women in film
- R.G Armstrong’s slap to Mariette Hartley (her film debut!) in RIDE THE HIGH COUNTRY.
- Professor Plum’s slap to Mrs Peacock to stop her screaming in CLUE.
- Tim Curry’s slap to Mrs Peacock, as he recreates the events of Professor Plum’s slap to Mrs Peacock, in CLUE
- George Lazenby, as James Bond no less, slapping Dame Diana Rigg in ON HER MAJESTY’S SERCRET SERVICE
- In THE PASSAGE, Malcolm McDowell doesn’t hold back and slaps Kay Lenz right in the face
- James Cagney’s slap, with a grapefruit, to the face of Mae Clarke, at the breakfast table in PUBLIC ENEMY
- In the mere opening moments of THE PHILADELPHIA STORY, Katharine Hepburn breaks Cary Grant’s golf club, and receives a face shove to the floor
- Lee Bryant, having a panic attack on the flight in AIRPLANE, receives a slap from Howard Honig, Leslie Nielsen (twice), and David Leisure (off camera). That doesn’t take into account she is also slapped by a Nun, punched by a Boxer (off camera), and slapped one final time (off camera, by unknown)
- A short sharp slap by Chester Morris to Jean Harlow in RED-HEADED WOMAN
- Kirk Douglas’ short backhand to Jean Sterling followed by a fronthand slap in ACE IN THE HOLE
- Fay Dunaway slapped five times !, in the one scene, by Jack Nicholson in CHINATOWN
Ties in Films.
[dashing, dumb, or downright deadly]
- Informant Thelma Ritter’s legitimate men’s tie business in PICKUP ON SOUTH STREET,to finance her funeral. “Tie, Mister ? Wanna buy a tie, Mister?”
- Mr Rusk and his disappearing tie at the climax of Hitchcock’s FRENZY.
- The awkwardly worn necktie by Ivan Mozzhukhin, as he stands trial in the silent film THE HOUSE OF MYSTERY (1923). (His lover, Helene Darly, sitting in the courtroom motions to him to fix it)
- Marty McFly’s multiple ties in BACK TO THE FUTURE II, worn in the year 2015,during his video telephone conference with Ito T Fujitsu (who is also wearing multiple ties). Yet to catch on.
- Doc’s transparent necktie in BACK TO THE FUTURE II when he collects Marty and Jennifer in 1985. Yet to catch on
- Alec Baldwin teaches his child how to tie a tie in OUTSIDE OF PROVIDENCE
- Peter Sellers’ tie that just won’t come off, during his love scene with Lesley Anne Down in PINK PANTHER STRIKES AGAIN
- Lee Marvin’s tie in POINT BLANK, that verges on reptilian-like during the slow motion shooting scene
- Cindy Morgan’s “Would you like to tie me up with some of your ties, Ty?” question to Chevy Chase in CADDYSHACK
- La-Di-Da. Diane Keaton’s tie that hangs below her vest in ANNIE HALL
- The thread of the lavender tie placed under the victim’s fingernail in INVESTIGATION OF A CITIZEN ABOVE SUSPICION
- In FIGHT CLUB, Edward Norton notices his boss is wearing a cornflour blue tie – ‘it must be Tuesday’
- The clip-on tie worn by Chris Farley in TOMMY BOY
– rhett bartlett